Our business process is straightforward, streamlined and thorough. It involves some paperwork—and requires careful thought by you and by us. You have to determine whether a Criterium business is right for you; we have to determine if you have what it takes to be a successful owner. Once you sign a franchise agreement with Criterium Engineers, you become an affiliate and start a long-term partnership with us.
Our goal is to create successful affiliate offices owned by professionals who share our love of buildings, our passion for excellent service, and our commitment to ethical practices.
No single profile describes a typical Criterium affiliate. Many are licensed Professional Engineers, some are licensed architects, and others have varied backgrounds in construction, facilities management, sales, management, design or technical fields. But there are a few things they all have in common:
- Technical expertise – they are very good at what they do.
- An entrepreneurial spirit – they want to own and run their own business.
- People skills – they care about more than buildings. They also care about the people who live and work in them, and they’re skilled in building long-term relationships with clients.
The Steps of Our Process
It can take as long as six months to complete the application process, though the time frame can be much shorter – as little as one to two months – depending on where applicants are in their personal decision-making. Once you know you want to move forward, here’s the process:
- Fill out this form or call us at 207-869-4224 to request an information packet.
- Schedule a preliminary telephone or Zoom meeting.
- Return the questionnaire included in your information packet.
- Review the Franchise Disclosure Document we will send you after we receive your questionnaire.
- Come visit our corporate headquarters in Maine, so we can learn more about each other.
- Talk to existing Criterium Engineers affiliates.
- Review and sign the franchise agreement.
- Attend our training program.
- Open the doors to your Criterium Engineers office.
Independent – But Not Alone
Your acceptance as a Criterium affiliate marks the end of the application process, but it is the beginning of your long-term relationship with Criterium Engineers. We view our affiliates as partners. We are committed to your success. We will be with you from the day you launch your franchise to the day you decide to sell it, providing the resources and support that will help you build a successful enterprise.Learn More